Thursday, April 9, 2009

Colby's First Stitches

Last Wednesday I got the call I always feared. I looked on the caller I.D. and saw Nibley Elementary. The secretary told me she had Colby in the office, and he had hit his head. His foot got caught on his chair and he hit the back of his head on the desk. She said he had about a 1/2 inch cut, but wasn't sure if he would need stitches, she thought it would probably heal on its own. I rushed over and took one look at it, that was definitely not going to heal on it's own! It wasn't really bleeding much, but it was pretty deep. I stayed calm for Colby's sake, but was really totally freaked out . He never even cried when it happened so his teacher had no idea he was hurt until they noticed the back of his head a few minutes later. He said he didn't want to tell his teacher, because he was afraid she would get mad at him. He noticed some blood on his hand when he touched his head, so he asked if he could go to the bathroom, but really was just washing his hands! Poor guy!- Anyway the doctor was so great and made him feel totally comfortable. He didn't even cry when they put the numbing shots in- so brave! They look great now, he gets them out on Friday.

No comments: