Tyler is always finding a new adventure for our family. This morning I sent him to the doctor to get Colby's stitches out and he came back a few hours later with a canoe strapped to the roof of the mini van. Colby ran through the door so excited and said: "mom, dad rented us a boat, we're going on a ride!"- We drove to a place only about 10 minutes away, but it seems like it's in the middle of nowhere. We had a great time, the water was so shallow, the fish were jumping and sometimes running into our boat. There were all kinds of birds... Sawyer loved trying to touch the water, but he didn't last very long so they dropped me and Sawyer off, and stayed for a few more hours. They went exploring and found a birds nest with eggs, a pelican & tons of other birds, and even a sea otter! I came back later and picked them up. While Ty and I were loading the canoe onto the van, I heard Austin say: "mom, I found a fish!!" ... sure enough, he was running toward me with a dry dead fish carcass in his hands.. sooooo gross!!! Anyway, it was a great day. Thanks Ty, you're such a great dad!
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
looks like a lot of fun!
Taneill
I'm so excited you started a blog!!! It's so fun huh? Well this will be great, we can finally keep in touch, when are you guys coming to salt lake??? I sent you an invite to our blog too, ... your boys are so cute, and you guys look great and happy :)
Oh Tiffany, I'm jealous! Our family loves canoeing. We've just always gone with friends rather than trying to tie a canoe to the top of our car. I'm not sure how well that would work! Looks like a lot of fun!
Post a Comment